List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: KPresenter usability review.
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-09-29 15:45:09

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Thursday 29 September 2005 17:22, Thorsten Zachmann wrote:
> I had a look at the help lines/guide lines in kpresenter and kivio and
> I really like the implementation of the guides in kivio.

From a usability point of view; I fully agree :)

> I think it
> would be great if we could generalise the guide lines and move them to
> kolibs so that ever application can use them, and not everyone has to
> implement them in the application itself. If you think this is a good
> idea I'll start to adapt the sliders from kivio to be usable also for
> kpresenter.

The thing to consider here is that guidelines are closely coupled with the
rulers. So I personally think (without spending much time reading code)
that you can closely couple the guidelines stuff with the rulers as they
already exist in koffice lib.

Other then that; I'm all for integration !

> Would it be ok if the guide lines are allways on top of the objects.

Yes, that would be fine.
Photoshop, for example, shows them always on top, plus only allows you to
click/drag them using one tool (the general drag tool).  This sounds like
a good idea to me.

Thanks!
--
Thomas Zander