List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: suggestions for the Karbon web page.
From:       Alan Horkan <horkana () maths ! tcd ! ie>
Date:       2005-09-28 15:50:26

On Tue, 27 Sep 2005, Casper Boemann wrote:

> Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 20:32:26 +0200
> From: Casper Boemann <cbr@boemann.dk>
> To: For developer's discussion about KOffice <koffice-devel@kde.org>
> Subject: Re: suggestions for the Karbon web page.
>
> just some small comments:
>
> On Tuesday 27 September 2005 20:22, Alan Horkan wrote:
> > My suggested wording changes for the Karbon web page:
> > Karbon is a vector based drawing application for KOffice.  It allows
> > artists to create complex drawings without losing image quality when you
> > zooming or resizing the drawing. You can use Karbon to add finishing

> should be: "you are zooming and resizing" or even better "you zoom and resize"

I meant to drop "you".  It is a style preference but now that I think
about it documentation generally doesn't use "you" all the time like that

> > touches to diagrams created using Kivio or charts created using KChart.
> "created with" both places

sure, fine by me.

> > However, in a pixel-based drawing, your drawing is stored as many dots
> > (pixels) in rows and columns. When you resize a pixel-based image, the
> > dots will be enlarged. This can result in jagged edges known as pixelmeans
> > that the quality of the image will go down and and pixelation.

> somthing wrong, incomplete sentence

I was trying to adjust that paragraph and tried several different
things, it should have been something like:
"This can result in jagged edges known as pixelation and
the quality of the image will go down."

Sincerely

Alan Horkan
http://advogato.org/person/AlanHorkan/