List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Release notes: send where?
From:       Jaroslaw Staniek <js () iidea ! pl>
Date:       2005-09-22 17:13:50

Inge Wallin said the following, On 2005-09-22 14:30:

> I would like to collect as many places as possible to send a note that KOffice
> 1.4.2 is released.  Please reply to this mail with good places.
>
> I will send it to:
>
> News sites:
>  - slashdot
>  - dot.kde.org
>  - osnews.com
>
> Software sites:
>  - freshmeat
>  - linux.org
>
> Others?

Additional option is to find volunteers who are able to inform their national
{software,Linux,KDE}-related {web sites,mailing lists,newsgroups,newspapers}
about releases. At least it worked for me in case of Kexi. Of course I tend to
"spam" more places for major releases and a bit less for releases like 1.4.2.

Second, also helps updating places as Wikipedia (and its `translations'),
especially in terms of updating main features list.

Third, IMHO it is quite fine to have such a form on the web site:
"enter your email address if you want to receive emails about new releases and
related news". Yes, there're people who are regurlary checking their mailbox
and nothing else (no RSS, etc.)

my 2c

--
regards / pozdrawiam,
  Jaroslaw Staniek / OpenOffice Polska / Kexi Team