List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: 1.4.2 & 1.5 release schedule
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-09-14 15:44:15

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Friday 9 September 2005 09:43, Inge Wallin wrote:
> I like the release schedule and I'd like to have it up at
> http://developer.kde.org/development-versions/ as soon as possible. In
> my experience it is better to set a schedule soon, and change it if
> something happens than to leave the final release date open.  In the
> latter case it will drag on and on, and we won't have a target to work
> towards.

Naturally; making people work towards a schedule always fails, in open
source a lot more even then in closed source.
We release when its finished is the normal credo.

> Another reason that I want a fixed schedule as soon as possible is that
> I plan to write an article on the dot that tells other people what we
> talked about at Akademy, and where we are going in the near and far
> future.  That will also increase peoples awareness about KOffice, I
> think, at least within the KDE programming community.  I will use it as
> a call for more developers.

I always like articles and such; I'm just a little weary of making
predictions. Please don't promise anything that you are not 110% sure
will actually happen.

Cheers!
--
Thomas Zander