List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Tentative release schedule
From:       Boudewijn Rempt <boud () valdyas ! org>
Date:       2005-09-09 20:12:56

On Fri, 9 Sep 2005, Bart Coppens wrote:

> On Friday 09 September 2005 11:38, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> > On Friday 09 September 2005 11:33, Tim Beaulen wrote:
> > > The faq on that page mentions:
> > >  Qt 3.3 or later
> > > kdelibs 3.3 or later
> > >  I would also add that it won't work with 4.x versions. The 'later' could
> > > make it seem to also support 4.x versions of Qt or kdelibs.
> >
> > Good point. I've also replaced David with me and fixed a typo. Anyone any
> > problems with the schedule itself?
> Looks good to me, but maybe add after something like 'Trunk is open again for
> all kinds of commits' to 'February 13 2005'.

Oh, I should have made that explicit: as soon as someone wants to start
porting KOffice to Qt 4, svn trunk will be branched to 1.5, and Kivio 1.4
will be copied to the 1.5 branch, and everyone is allowed to run riot in
trunk as much as they want. This branching can be next week, next month or
Feb 13, 2006 -- depends on when people want to get started on Qt4 porting.

Meanwhile, we'll keep hacking on Krita for 1.5, and after feb 13, 2005, we'll
start porting to Qt4 ourselves.

I'll add that when I'm add the right computer, repost and wait for David Faure's
input.

Boudewijn