List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: KNumber-Library
From:       Klaus Niederkrueger <kniederk () math ! uni-koeln ! de>
Date:       2005-08-21 18:06:29

> The thing I think we should add is that we haven't answered the question
> of how to handle localization with these libraries.  abakus doesn't
> support anything but US Decimal at this point, and we need to keep this
> in mind when working on integrating the libraries.  MPFR seems like it
> would be easy to output numbers correctly since it doesn't give out
> decimal points.  It seems to require US Decimal for input though I could
> be mistaken.

I'm very busy right now, I will comment on the other things later, but
regarding this one: Use KLocale Class in kdecore. You can just use for
example the formatNumber method to convert a QString representing a float
number in US/ANSI-type into a localized number.

The output is pobably not perfect, but improving the KLocale-class does
probably make more sense than recreating the same funcionality in another
lib...

Ciao

	Klaus