List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Mysql as Fedora Core RPM dependency
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-08-21 8:26:09

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Saturday 20 August 2005 22:48, Jaroslaw Staniek wrote:
> > Naturally the best fix is to remove the dependency and make it a
> > compile-time dependency only.
>
> This is exactly packagers' work to properly spitting the stuff as we're
> assuming. This (and every other database client dependency) is
> compile-time dependency only, even less: it's optional (only a warning
> is issued if a client library is not provided).

ehm; it seems you are not aware of how else this can be done, then.
You can detect if a library (like the mysql one) is installed at runtime
and not use the database when not installed.

This is very different to your approach and allows you to have a fully
installed kexi (no splitting by distributors needed).  As soon as mysql
is installed separately kexi will be able to use it.
Please ask on #kde-devel for example on how this works.

--
Thomas Zander