List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Umm, is KSpread really supposed to behave so oddly ?
From:       Raphael Langerhorst <raphael-langerhorst () gmx ! at>
Date:       2005-07-07 14:46:43

On Thursday 07 July 2005 14:47, Tomas Mecir wrote:
> On 7/7/05, Raphael Langerhorst <raphael-langerhorst@gmx.at> wrote:
> > On Thursday 07 July 2005 09:38, Tomas Mecir wrote:
> > > Well, try for yourself - open the Invoice templace, for
> > > instance ... Now, go to row 1 col A, now move a bit to right,
> > > at least to column E. Now try to move to left, back to A, using
> > > arrow keys - impossible. Plus, weird thing happens upon D->C
> > > moving.
> >
> > I can't confirm with trunk version of an hour ago (normal
> > behavio(u)r here). Although this is with an empty spreadsheet. Do
> > you have a testcase?
>
> Yes, as described above - open the Invoice template that's shipped
> with it.
>
> / Tomas

Heh, I _should_ reread the whole email before answering ;)

I can confirm now. This is due to some inconsistent merge/obscuring
data inside KSpreadCell.

Recently I stumbled across this one:

kspread/kspread_cell.cc:819:
// Update: it seems that if we do an actual merge, then the obscuring
// cell is prepended and if just expanding, then it is appended.  This
// means that we should be able to just look at the first one.

KSpreadCell *KSpreadCell::ultimateObscuringCell() const
{

I'm not really sure this is true in every case. Wrong order in the
d->extra()->obscuringCells value list might have an impact as well.

Something interesting: Go to cell D1 (so the invoice is selected but
NOT C1). Then break the cell merge. Notice that C1 to F1 is _still_
merged! Now cursor movement works fine.

I assume this has to do with possibly inconsistent cell merging and
maybe obscuring (see above)?

Would be great if you could dig into this, it is even closely related
to your soc project (I still have a couple of exams coming up the
next days).

Regards,
--
Raphael Langerhorst