List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Can't compile KOffice ...
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-06-30 12:01:58

On Thursday 30 June 2005 13:41, Tomas Mecir wrote:
> On 6/30/05, David Faure <faure@kde.org> wrote:
> > Please give me more to work with. Which file? Exact error message?

> __attribute__ ((visibility("visible")))
Yes, that's the buggy definition (it should say "default"), but don't fix that,
we have to make koffice compile for kde-3.3 users ;)

And you have 3,3,0 so my version check should work, i.e. it should detect it as too old.

> compiling koFilterManager.cc:
>
> In file included from ./koDocument.h:32,
>                  from koFilterManager.cc:34:
> ./koGlobal.h:105: warning: `visibility' attribute does not apply to types
OK that's KOFFICE_EXPORT.

I think #define doesn't work like I hoped it would. Let's see...

#define KDE_EXPORT "broken"
#undef KDE_EXPORT
#define KDE_EXPORT
#define KOFFICECORE_EXPORT KDE_EXPORT
#undef KDE_EXPORT
#define KDE_EXPORT "brokenagain"

int main()
{
    printf( KDE_EXPORT "\n" );
}

shows "brokenagain".

OK, that's no good. I'll fix it better, please retry after my next commit.