List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    koffice [TODO] karbon 14
From:       Alan Horkan <horkana () maths ! tcd ! ie>
Date:       2005-06-27 21:58:03

Raphael asked me to outline things which could be improved in the karbon
14 svg exporter so that they might be noted in the TODO file.  There are
plenty of other things I could suggest later but I've been prodding at the
SVG exporter myself and was identifying things i might try and do later so
there are some comments/question of my own interspersed with potential
todo items.

If you can provide examples of similar code I can work off as examples I
might be able to do small amounts of this work myself but I warn you now
I'm not much of a programmer and I have other work I really should be
doing.

[future]

improve the SVG exporter to add support for metadata.
Dublin Core format, plenty of examples at http://openclipart.org
(would make it easier to submit work created in Karbon to
openclipart.org)

need support of linked images.

Patterns.
raster should be relatively easy once support for linked images is taken
care of.  dont forget about vector patterns though.

Add visibility information.
Should be relatively easy if the information is there to begin with,
the karbon file format doesn't even seem to store visibility.

this would probably be done much like how id values, see rough code below.
you add simply add  visibility="hidden"  to each object tag as necessary
to hide it.  (there are less easy ways of doing this using styles but
doing it all as xml is easier).

The Karbon file format already looks relatively close to OODraw, I hope
Karbon will follow the rest of Koffice on this.

Whats with this weird transform:
<g transform="scale(1, -1) translate(0, -841.891)">
Is the whole page being flipped?

Sincerely

Alan Horkan
http://openclipar.org

// *** ---------------- ***
// visibility, maybe a something a little like this:

QString
SvgExport::getID( VObject *obj )
{
	if( obj && !obj->name().isEmpty() )
		return QString( " id=\"%1\"" ).arg( obj->name() );
	return QString();
}

QString
SvgExport::getVisibility( VObject *obj )
{
	if( obj && !obj->name().isEmpty() )
		return QString( " visibility=\"hidden\"" ).arg(
obj->name()
);
	return QString();
}