List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Font dialog
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-06-26 15:09:52

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Friday 24 June 2005 12:11, Clarence Dang wrote:
> > I personally find this kind of avoiding future problems kind of
> > silly; if you make this mistake 2 or 3 times; the next time check
> > your change before you start compiling.
>
> So you've never made this mistake again _ever_?

I avoid switch statements unless I _need_ fallthrough since they take up
more screen space in my coding window as opposed to
if() { \n }else if () {\n}  structures.
Therefor I indeed am very much aware of where I need a break and I don't
recall having made this kind of problem.  Not recalling it while I have
been coding for many years (15Y+) probably means I did not spent much
time finding it (within 5 min) when it occurred in the last couple of
years.

I (again) believe that you should never expect to be protected against
coding mistakes by already existing code; either written by you or
anybody else.

Thanks for listening to my rant :)
--
Thomas Zander