List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: alphabetical application listing on webpage?
From:       Martin Ellis <m.a.ellis () ncl ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2005-06-24 16:55:33

On Friday 24 Jun 2005 17:40, Martin Ellis wrote:
> > > Jaroslaw raised the question whether we should sort the applications
> > > alphabetically in general - and in particular on the webpage.
> > >
> > > Any thoughts?
> >
> > Personally, I don't like that. I think the main applications in an office
> > suit are wordprocessor, spreadsheets and presentations, and should be
> > listed first. It would mean for example that KWord and KSpread get at the
> > bottom of the list.

Sorry, I'll try and not just hit random key combinations before I've written
anything this time...

I'm not to keen on alphabetically either, for exactly the same reason.

MS do it alphabetically (which suggests it might not be the best way? :o) )
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx

It does make sense to list the packages people expect to see in an office
suite first, but I don't know what order things should be in after KWord and
KSpread.

Martin