List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: toolbar button doubleclick?
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-06-14 22:26:59

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Wednesday 15 June 2005 00:13, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Tuesday 14 June 2005 02:30, Thomas Zander wrote:
> > Making a button do something different on single vs. double click is
> > something that will cause more problems on systems where double click
> > is the default.
>
> granted it's been a long while since i used win32 apps daily, but i
> seem to recall that double-click-perma-selects-the-tool to be common in
> graphics apps on that platform? has that changed? is my memory playing
> tricks on me?

I know Photoshop does not (it does not unselect after using it one time)
since that runs fine in Wine.
Neither did Illustrator (but that one I have not used in a long time).

But your question sidesteps the issue I mentioned.  You probably have seen
the same as I have; many people just double click on everything, to be
sure it works.  Hence my question on the usefullness to have a button do
something different from single to double click.
Don't you agree that that huge group of people that don't understand when
to use single click and when to use double click will get into trouble?

--
Thomas Zander