List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Karbon view splitting.
From:       Pierre Stirnweiss <pierre.stirnweiss_koffice () gadz ! org>
Date:       2005-06-10 21:21:30

On Friday 10 June 2005 20:49, Thomas Zander wrote:
> On Friday 10 June 2005 21:59, Pierre Stirnweiss wrote:
> > Karbon crashes when in splitted view mode. I have now a SVN account but
> > an not sure I am allowed to commit to branch.
>
> Technically; you can.
>
> > I want to remove the menu entry for splitting the view in Branch so we do
> > not have a crashable program.
>
> I'd much rather have you fix it or come with your finding to the list (or
> irc) to discuss why it crashes so we can fix it together.
>
> btw. it doesn't crash here.

It is not the splitting that makes it crash. It crashes when inserting a new
object or changing the fill or stroke. I have already posted on this with a
very early theory. It actually crashes on the painter in the
fillStrokePreview. It seems the painter (m_painter) for one of the view has
been destroyed and the software still try to use it.
I will need to understand first how views are getting created... before I can
see what is happening.

> > Is it OK to change the karbon.rc file in branch to remove this option all
> > together?
>
> That would really be my last choice.

Yes but I am not sure I can debug that one before release, so better a Karbon
without splitting that crash for release. I will then have time to debug it
in head and backport the fix if need be.

Pierre