List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Google's Summer of Code - KOffice proposals
From:       "Ariya Hidayat" <ariya () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-06-06 16:54:06

> Other question would be if people already having an svn account are
> allowed to participate(?)
> @note: I am willing to write such a document no matter if it get's an
> accepted Summer of Code project or not.

I noticed that this question is difficult.

In theory, as long as anyone is eligible to participate in the summer code, then \
nothing prevents him/her from applying a proposal and working on it if it gets \
accepted, although (this is only my personal stance, hence I do not apply) an already \
contributing developer is not favorable since we won't get new developer(s).  On the \
other hand, nothing's wrong of being paid to produce some code because for KOffice it \
does not matter whether the code is done by paid or non-paid developer, only the \
quality matters :-)