List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Font dialog
From:       pierre.stirnweiss_koffice () gadz ! org
Date:       2005-06-05 19:52:23

Hello,

I am finishing coding a modification of the Font dialog. The goal was to have
the tabs designed in .ui and to rearrange them for (I think) better usability
and future addition of features (from the OO specifications).
The RFQ I have for this is regarding the sub/superscript setting.

I think the subscript and superscript button should set a fixed default value
for both the offset ( 0 ) and the relative text size (66% seems fine). The
relative size and offset boxes would then be enabled only if a "custom"
button is set. The group for this would therefore have Normal, Subscript,
Superscript and Custom.

However, this implies a couple of changes (and one problem):

- a new Vertical Alignnment : AlignCustom

- offset = 0 if subscript or superscript is checked. apparently
KoTextFormat::save is dropping sub or super if offset != 0 anyway.

- relative text size is fixed in case of sub/super, This is the main getting
item: if we load a document (OOo for example) with text-pos = "super
58%" (legal according to OASIS) we can either drop the 58% and use the normal
66%, which is no good, or convert it to Custom but then we do not keep the
document intact on save again (not good either).

What do you think. I might finish of by enabling the relative text size in
case of sub/super/custom.

Pierre