List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Background color change in menus are useless
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-05-25 7:28:30

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Monday 23 May 2005 19:57, Mashrab Kuvatov wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> in the Frames menu and several appropriate popup menus there are
> items to change a background color of a text/frame or a frame border
> color. Selecting them does nothing. I filled a bug report (#106029)
> therefore.
>
> Today I realized that from the code point of view it is not a bug. In
> fact, they call the same method as a text bg color or border color button
> on the toolbar does. It is not expected behavior, IMHO, since it does not
> allow to select a color as what a button on the toolbar does. Personally,
> I would expect a dialog to come where I could select a color.

I agree.

> I'd suggest to bring KColorDialog or something similar when a color
> change is called from a menu. However, the best IMHO is to get rid of all
> those menu entries and put all color changed buttons on a toolbar by
> default.
>
> What do the others think? Any comments?

I think fixing the slot to bring up the dialog if none is selected would be
best;  at least I don't want to break the rule that any toolbar action
should always also be available from the menu.
So making sure the toolbar as well as the (popup)menu items work would be a
step in the right direction.

--
Thomas Zander