List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Background color change in menus are useless
From:       Mashrab Kuvatov <kmashrab () sat ! physik ! uni-bremen ! de>
Date:       2005-05-23 17:57:01

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi all,

in the Frames menu and several appropriate popup menus there are
items to change a background color of a text/frame or a frame border
color. Selecting them does nothing. I filled a bug report (#106029)
therefore.

Today I realized that from the code point of view it is not a bug. In fact,
they call the same method as a text bg color or border color button on
the toolbar does. It is not expected behavior, IMHO, since it does not allow
to select a color as what a button on the toolbar does. Personally, I would
expect a dialog to come where I could select a color.

At the moment, if one wants to use (popup)menu, one has to select a color
with a button on a toolbar then use menu to apply it. BTW, bg color and
frame border color button are not available by default. User is left with
menu and wonders why nothing happened.

I'd suggest to bring KColorDialog or something similar when a color change
is called from a menu. However, the best IMHO is to get rid of all those menu
entries and put all color changed buttons on a toolbar by default.

What do the others think? Any comments?

Cheers,
Mashrab.

--