List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: FWD: [discuss] Running OO.o macros in other KOffice?
From:       inge () lysator ! liu ! se
Date:       2005-05-20 11:55:10

Marco Fioretti wrote:

> At some point OO.o and KOffice end users will start exchanging .odt
> files with macros, because since "it's the common native file format"
> they'll give for granted that macros will work, because they're into
> the file, and it's the same format, isn't it?

Very interesting question.  From the users perspective I would imagine
that you are right.

But is the macro language really part of the standard? By pure chance I
happened to get my hands on the standard yesterday, and I can't find
anything about a macro language in the table of contents.  The document
itself is 700 pages long so I am not going to scan that, but I don't think
that it is standardized.

> Now I hope to write an article on this.

When and where would that appear?  I imagine that the KOffice developers
are very busy right now since the code freeze is on monday.  I think this
discussion would be livelier if it was conducted during the next week.
:-)

> I have already asked the same questions on the OO.o developers list, but
> obviously any comment from you is also greatly appreciated.

I for one would be very interested in a pointer to the thread in question.

	-Inge