List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: The state of things before the release
From:       Boudewijn Rempt <boud () valdyas ! org>
Date:       2005-05-20 9:40:41

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Friday 20 May 2005 11:22, inge@lysator.liu.se wrote:

> It would be interesting to hear what shape that you feel the other
> components are in.

Well... Krita still has a few issues. Nothing that I would call showstoppers,
though. Briefly, these are:

* No warning is given when exporting an image to an unsupported file type.
* Gamma correction filter is broken (if not fixed before Monday, I'll
  disable.)
* Photoshop files are not recognized, but can be opened.
* No filled shape tools.
* Mirroring/scaling/shearing do not correctly handle selections. This will
  definitely be fixed.
* Select polygon does not work. I'll probable just remove this before Monday.
* There's a bug in select-by-colorrange
* The selection tool icons are not clear enough. I'm glad there's no manual,
  so no screenshots are made. I'll try to fix this, although there's svg
  involved and I don't know how to handle that.
* Painting with filters is a little buggy; I'm going to work on that tonight.
* Converting from gray to rgb causes a crash.
* The transform tool needs work (if not done, we'll just disable it Monday)
* Autocontrast doesn't seem to do a lot; if not fixed, it'll be disabled.
* There appear to be four types of Krita document: Krita document, Krita
  (Koffice 1.1), Krita (uncompressed) and Krita (Koffice 1.4), while Krita
  supports only one document type -- I don't know how to fix this.

That's all, as far as I know. The only open bugs in bugzilla are wishlist
items -- and some of the items in this list are wishlist items, too.

Gosh, how I long for the day svn opens up again for wild and weird features
and sweeping refactorings!

--
Boudewijn Rempt
http://www.valdyas.org/fading/index.cgi