List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    The state of things before the release
From:       inge () lysator ! liu ! se
Date:       2005-05-20 9:22:25

Hi guys,

Well, it is friday, and there is one weekend and one day to get the
components of KOffice into releasable state. I thought that I'd take this
opportunity to sit back for a minute and take a look at the situation.  I
can only speak about KChart and KSpread since those are the only programs
that I have been involved with.

Some weeks ago, I made a list of bugs that I thought we had to fix for
KSpread.  Not all of the things that I listed are fixed, but I think that
all of the painting and printing bugs that are *necessary* to fix have
been fixed.  So that feels pretty good.

Regarding KChart, there are only two known bugs in bugzilla, and I wanted
to release KChart with 0 (zero) bugs.  However I am starting to realize
that this will probably not happen. KChart is very useable as it is, but
my big ego wanted it to be perfect.  Oh, well... :-)

So basically I think that although there are a number of bugs unsolved
left in Bugzilla, both KChart and KSpread are possible to release right
now.

It would be interesting to hear what shape that you feel the other
components are in.

	-Inge