List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Icons
From:       James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj () acm ! org>
Date:       2005-05-18 2:58:19

Thomas Zander wrote:
> Hi JRT;
>
> On Saturday 07 May 2005 20:53, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
>
>>Since this is now in Beta, it is probably a good time to bring this up.
>

> Hmm. Kinda late, actually... :-/

Having found that the problem is (as usual -- Murphy's Law) larger than
I thought, I have to agree.  So, I don't know how much of this will get
done for 1.4.0, but there is always 1.4.1 since this is a bug fix.  But,
I will keep at it.

>>KOffice, like many other KDE apps, has many HiColor icons that are
>>installed as CrystalSVG.  As the semi-self appointed Tsar for HiColor
>>icons :-) (KW<wimer@suse.de> asked me to maintain HiColor so I am the
>>apprentice maintainer), I ask that this please be fixed before the
>>release.
>

> Please could you do the legwork here?
> It would be great if you could reply with a script that does all the svn
> move actions (without any commits) so we can check the changes and if
> everything is ok, execute that script.

So, I have made a script which makes the "crystalsvg" where they do not
exist and adds the "hicolor" directories.  Yes, I know that this will
also require a patch for the Makefile.am files and I am currently
working on this.  Unfortunately, since the directory structure was
irregular, I had to write a long script (cut & paste) to change this.

The script is:

http://home.earthlink.net/~tyrerj/kde/Koffice-icons/ko-directory.sh

This will generate a lot of error messages (when classes of icons are
not found).

I also posted a list of the new locations of all the Crystal icons:

http://home.earthlink.net/~tyrerj/kde/Koffice-icons/koffice-icons-new-cr.txt

I tend to think that this is a lot of directories.  Perhaps there is a
better way to do this.  This list has the files in "doc" removed.  It
was generated by command from a test code tree that the script was run
on, so if it is correct, then the script is probably correct.

I found an XPM icon:

koffice/kivio/plugins/kivioconnectortool/hi22-action-kivio_connector.xpm

and the PNG is also posted:

http://home.earthlink.net/~tyrerj/kde/Koffice-icons/hi22-action-kivio_connector.png

Someone please take care of committing this.

I hope to post the patch in a few hours -- well tomorrow at least.  Then
I will write a script which works from a text file of the full path to
the icons that need to be renamed and moved.  Then we can work on the
list of icons that need to be moved and renamed (from crystal to hicolor).

--
JRT