List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Testing KOffice 1.4pre
From:       Inge Wallin <inge () lysator ! liu ! se>
Date:       2005-05-12 10:52:56

On Thursday 12 May 2005 12.02, David Faure wrote:
> On Thursday 12 May 2005 11:58, Inge Wallin wrote:
> > If it is impossible to fix the problems of KWord using OASIS and the
> > other components using the old XML formats, do you think you could
> > consider reverting the default file format to the old XML format for 1.4,
> > David?  This state of things is intolerable.
>
> ??? But the default file format *is* the old XML format, for 1.4.
> OASIS is only provided as an option, since it's not 100% complete.
> So for now it's ok if oasis support isn't 100% correct; the important thing
> for 1.4 is that the "old xml" format works perfectly.

Oh, good.  I was lead to believe by some comments about OASIS somewhere (could
it even be any vaguer?) that OASIS would be the default for KWord 1.4. Sorry

> > It also points to another matter.  We should create a collection of test
> > documents that test individual features of each KOffice component as well
> > as combinations of them, like embedding.  I was planning to do that for
> > KSpread after 1.4, but maybe we should start it already. This should go
> > into a new subdirectory on the top level, like filters today. What do you
> > think?
>
> Please check out the trunk/tests/kofficetests SVN module, it's where we put
> test documents.

Aha!  I wasn't aware of that.  I will be checking it out for sure..

 -Inge

--
Inge Wallin               | Thus spake the master programmer:               |
                          |      "After three days without programming,     |