List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: KSpread and bug 70073
From:       Inge Wallin <inge () lysator ! liu ! se>
Date:       2005-05-06 7:23:45

On Wednesday 04 May 2005 13.39, Inge Wallin wrote:
> Bug 70073: printing with kspread gives big black areas
>
> is one of the few bugs left that we absolutely have to fix for the final
> 1.4. I fixed part of this bug, i.e. after my fix about half of the big
> black areas disappeared from the printouts.  The cause of that part of the
> bug was that scaling to the current zoom was performed multiple times on
> the same line width, giving ludicrously wide lines, i.e. big black areas.
>
> However, there are some of these left.  I thought that it would be easy to
> find them once I knew what caused it.  Unfortunately that has not been the
> case, so now I ask you for help.  Could somebody with a good grasp of the
> internals of KSPread please look into this?  It might be that I am just
> blind and that the solution is out there for everybody to see.

Turned out that I was actually blind, but not in the way suggested above.  Due
to some strange quirk in my testing environment I didn't see that the entire
bug was in fact fixed.  You can forget about this.

Actually, painting and printing in KSpread is coming along rather nicely.
There are just two bugs left that I find that we absolutely have to fix (and
then a lot of smaller ones that can wait until 1.4 1).

 -Inge

--
Inge Wallin               | Thus spake the master programmer:               |
                          |      "After three days without programming,     |