List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: kword, kpresenter Insert Picture
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-05-05 16:02:22

On Thursday 05 May 2005 16:43, Thorsten Zachmann wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> On Tuesday 03 May 2005 20:42, David Faure wrote:
> > > Then there is the option "Scale to Original Size" which than makes the
> > > object smaller as it is in realty. Should this also be fixed?
> >
> > Yes it should do the same as the default insertion code.
>
> What should we do if the original size is bigger than the screen size. Should
> we scale it to the original size and let it go off the screen or should it be
> scaled to the maximal size?

Screen doesn't matter (you could be zooming), I guess you mean "what should
we do if the original size is bigger than the page"  (in pt, or both in pixels at
the current zoom level).
I would then say that it should be scaled to the maximal size that fits into the page,
there's no point in an image that goes out of the page.

KWView::insertPicture(3 args) has elaborate code for that. That kind of code
could be centralized though, even kword is inconsistent there, and has
a different version in KWCanvas::mmEditFrameResize or KWCanvas::mmCreate...