List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: PR and the release of KOffice 1.4 (beta)
From:       Nathan Olberding <nathan.olberding () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-04-27 20:56:21

I think it'd be good if prospective users such as myself had a clear
understanding of how to integrate the programs in KOffice. I've got a
spreadsheet where I manually enter data, a template for Kugar reports,
and a database sitting on some far away server with all my info... how
do I a) generate a spreadsheet from the database so I can free-hand
play with the data, b) take data from either my spreadsheet or my
database and generate a report, etc. For that matter, what's all this
stuff about report generation? Integration is a nebulous idea for most
people. It sounds great, but how do I make it work for me? If it's too
involved, the average user isn't going to bother, especially if they
find bugs that get in the way of doing their work.

--
-NKO-