List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: silly bug
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-04-20 14:05:41

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Wednesday 20 April 2005 15:02, Clarence Dang wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 07:14 pm, Thomas Zander wrote:
> > Is this a kdelibs or a koffice bug?
>
> kdelibs feature:

Ok, I'll open a bugreport there. Thanks.

> > - open kword.
> > - type some chars
> > - open save-dialog by pressing ^S
> > - make sure the checkbox is 'on' for automatically add extention
> > - type a filename that itself exists, but the .kwd does not.
> > For example  'cd ~  && touch foo'  then you type 'foo' as your
> > filename. - koffice starts to bark that the file already exists.
> >
> > This is wrong since the check for existing filename should have been
> > 'foo.kwd', not 'foo'.
> > Note that 'foo.kwd' is written if 'foo' did not exist.
>
> If instead of typing "foo", you had selected it with the mouse and then
> pressed Enter, the expected behaviour would be to overwrite "foo" - not
> to create "foo.kwd"

I can't select such files since I only see .kwd documents due to the filter
combo.  There is not even a way to show all files (which is good).

> since you explicitly meant that file when you clicked
> on it. In both cases (typing as opposed to selecting), the line edit
> looks exactly the same so it doesn't make sense to have a different
> behaviour.

So you suggest to let the code guess when the user did not actually want to
check the checkbox and ignore, that he actually did leave it checked in
such cases?
Thats just silly.

--
Thomas Zander