List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Manuals, the code freeze and the move to subversion
From:       Inge Wallin <inge () lysator ! liu ! se>
Date:       2005-04-05 7:47:19

Hi everybody,

Raphael Langerhorst has done a great job of improving the KChart handbook.
However, I will probably do some small changes to the GUI, and when I get the
time, I would like to make a thorough review of it to iron out the little
wrinkles that are still in it.

The question now is: what are the rules regarding the manual and the code
freeze?  Do we have to get the manual completely fixed before the freeze or
can we still make small changes and take new screenshots on, say, tuesday or
wednesday?

And also, what about the imminent move to Subversion?  The timing of the move
is terrible for KOffice. I thought the move was supposed to be done
yesterday, but I haven't seen anything.  Will there be a tutorial so that we
who have never used subversion can get quickly up-to-date?  WIll we have to
recompile everything?  Do we have to check out everything again and
recompile?

 -Inge

--
Inge Wallin               | Thus spake the master programmer:               |
                          |      "After three days without programming,     |