List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: koffice
From:       Tomas Mecir <mecirt () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-03-24 15:19:56

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 22:29:20 +0100, Ariya Hidayat
<ariya.hidayat@gmail.com> wrote:
> IMHO such big changes like this should be at least hinted or discussed
> in koffice-devel first. I, for one, can't see the reason to justify
> DocInfo, possibly because I have yet any idea what you are going to do
> with that.

Hm, maybe ;)
The reason for DocInfo is simple - we need access to various
document-wide classes from various other classes, and storing a lot of
pointers in each class is too complicated and unnecessary. Besides, we
cannot really have singletons - ValueParser and friends are no longer
singletons, as you can see. The reason for this is that we could have
multiple documents opened at once, each using a different locale - and
I really dount that there is other sane way out ( passing locale
pointers to each call is not a sane way ;) )

I hope that this is a bit more clear now :) I would have posted
something about this over to koffice-devel, but I think that it's not
such a big change - it's more of a polishment stuff...

/ Tomas