List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: KSContext
From:       Tomas Mecir <mecirt () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-03-21 7:53:53

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 22:51:09 +0100, Ariya Hidayat <ariya@kde.org> wrote:

> > Impossible. All 200+ functions are still using koscript heavily -
> > these need to get converted to KSpreadValue and stuff.
>
> That's possible, wait until I create the patch. I designed the formula
> engine, so I know what I said :-P

Hmmm... Now you've aroused my interest :) Honestly, I cannot imagine
how would this be possible - I mean, I've already seen the current
implementation, and I kinda doubt that there's any approach other than
manually removing all the parameter type checkings and whatnot, then
converting the rest to KSpreadValue-based stuff - but feel free to
prove me wrong ;)
Oh, and the most obvious approach, ie. creating a koscript-compat
layer and letting the functions operate on top of that, sounds too
much like a dirty hack to me, so I hope that this is not what you
meant ;)

> > Also, I plan to add some parameter conversion before calling the
> > actrual functions, so that the function can ask for a specified
> > parameter type and then it can be sure that what it gets really has
> > that type (ie. no need to convert further).
>
> While you are at that, bear in mind that some functions might expect any
> type since they want to/will handle the arguments by themselves.

Yes, of course.

/ Tomas