List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: KSContext
From:       Tomas Mecir <mecirt () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-03-20 20:22:56

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 20:30:17 +0100, Ariya Hidayat <ariya@kde.org> wrote:

> > Functions don't use cell references, instead, they use values from
> > koscript (lib/koscript). That's also where KSContext comes from.
> > Koscript is currently doing all the formula parsing and whatnot, but
> > it will eventually (short after 1.4) get replaced by the new parser
> > (formula.*, functions.* and so).
>
> I can also switch it the new formula engine now, though I must find
> enough time to check and test everything (possibly in my vacation within
> one week from now on) and commit the more through and extensive
> automatic tester. Or do I need to branch (might be difficult later on to
> merge)? Or perhaps simply #ifef? What's your opinion?

Impossible. All 200+ functions are still using koscript heavily -
these need to get converted to KSpreadValue and stuff. Also, I plan to
add some parameter conversion before calling the actrual functions, so
that the function can ask for a specified parameter type and then it
can be sure that what it gets really has that type (ie. no need to
convert further).

/ Tomas