List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: KOffice 1.3.6?
From:       Raphael Langerhorst <raphael-langerhorst () gmx ! at>
Date:       2005-03-02 18:02:52

On Wednesday 02 March 2005 15:39, Thorsten Zachmann wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> > Sorry, I didn't know I was under time pressure to reply...
> >
> > Yes, this sounds good, I'm OK with a 1.4 with OASIS still as
> > import/export.
> >
> > I need to find time to publish a schedule then
>
> As it looks like we have some one who will do the release I'm also
> for it. But we should make clear that OASIS is not finished as it
> was allways said.

Hi,

I think we shouldn't make it so negativ that we are not using OASIS as
"native" format yet. Rather we should stress that OASIS OpenDocument
is available as a "close to complete" (use better wording)
import/export filter that can and should be tested, as it is going to
be the native format for the 2.0 release.

This should look like we pay attention to quality!

Because we give the filter time to be tested thoroughly for a full
release cycle. We should ask the users (in the release notes or
announcement) to send in reports particularly on the OASIS filter so
we can make the filter as complete as possible. Still we should tell
them to use the current format for storing critical data (or
recommend it, sounds better). This should be the message (IMHO).

So... the OASIS OpenDocument file format support is there, as
"promised". And I think for most of the parts it's probably rather
complete, I have done my last presentation in KPresenter in the .odp
format (which worked better than .kpr)

Raphael