List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Status of KSpread and KOffice 1.4?
From:       Inge Wallin <inge () lysator ! liu ! se>
Date:       2005-02-21 9:31:09

Hi everybody,

There is a very ambitious plan for rewriting the internals of KSpread. I am
wondering how things are coming along.

I have looked at a few KSpread bugs, but many times I got the feeling that it
would be no use fixing them before the rewriting of the internals since the
bug fix would be obsolete soon.

I see a lot of commits to KSpread, but I haven't got a clue how far the plans
have been implemented.

This question also extends to all of KOffice.  I am doing some work on KChart
myself, and I wonder how far we are from the release of KOffice 1.4. I think
I read somewhere that this release should happen in Q1 2005, and we are in
the middle of that one right now.

 -Inge

--
Inge Wallin               | Thus spake the master programmer:               |
                          |      "After three days without programming,     |