List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Fwd: KSpread voting
From:       Raphael Langerhorst <raphael-langerhorst () gmx ! at>
Date:       2005-02-15 19:46:45

On Tuesday 15 February 2005 09:10, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> On Tuesday 15 February 2005 01:11, Raphael Langerhorst wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > so there comes some KSpread icon voting!
> >
> > Here again the link:
> > ftp://ftp.g-system.at/people/raphael/tmp/koffice_icons/KSpread_vo
> >ting.jpg
> >
> > Well... that's a difficult one, I'll vote tomorrow... or today,
> > after sleeping some hours that is. Anyway, seems like next
> > generation spreadsheet apps are coming along(!)
>
> Hm... That's a difficult call. None of them is as clear as the
> KWord icon most people liked, and none of them would really fit in
> with that icon in a set. The triangle in four out of five of the
> icons makes me think of media players, not spreadsheets, so I'd go
> for 3, but the window-like frame around that idon is a little
> weird.

Yes... these are very much my thoughts - the next generation
spreadsheet ;)
I think the icons have some interesting touch though. We can ask him
to change the things that do not fit so well. I don't know if the
round shape fits into his complete set, but maybe it does?

I think number 1 and/or 4 are a good base. Suggestions:
* remove the arrow/triangle (hints at media player)
* add some expression into the first line (which is not covered by the
calculator or the page
* put a diagram (the KChart icon?) on the yet empty page that's on the
top

... I think then it would be quite nice, what do you think?

Raphael