List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kde-contests] New potential request - Koffice
From:       Raphael Langerhorst <raphael-langerhorst () gmx ! at>
Date:       2005-02-07 16:32:07

On Monday 07 February 2005 06:13, you wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Do you have a specific list of icons (or logos) prioritized that
> need creation or improvement for Koffice?
>
> I saw this page from your koffice-devel list:
>
> http://kdab.net/~dfaure/big_demo_Y_Pastel_2.JPG
>
> As you can read below, people are trying to create an 'Icon
> Marathon' soon.
>
> Thanks,
> Wade

Hi Wade!

Thanks for contacting me for this, I didn't notice that such a
marathon was approaching.

I forwarded the email the koffice-devel mailing list with my
suggestions... but since koffice-devel seems to be down atm(? posts
don't get through) I'm replying you in the name of the KOffice team
(I'm more or less handling the missing icon job anyway). I'll let you
know if there are any updates of the information I provide here.

Andrey is working on a couple of icons, you can find what he has done
so far on:
ftp://ftp.g-system.at/people/raphael/tmp/koffice_icons/
in the respective subfolders named after the KOffice components.
Acceptable (IMHO) icons from him are so far the KChart icon and the
Karbon14 suggestion he has made. But all is open of course if other
artists want to do some, so they can make consistent sets... now...
let's look at what could be useful for KOffice...

This is what we need:

Some KOffice component icons are a bit inconsistent... if you take a
look at http://www.koffice.org

We need:

KOffice Logo (important)
KOffice Workspace icon (can be the same as the logo!)
Karbon14 icon
Krita icon
Kugar icon
Kugar-Designer icon
KPlato icon (important)
KFormula icon
KChart icon

Design should be oriented towards KWord, KSpread, KPresenter and Kivio
icon style so it makes up a complete consistent set.

It is also possible to do a complete KOffice icon set for all
components! And if someone is interested, it's also possible to do
every icon in use in KOffice (including all icons inside the
applications), but that is lower priority. Important is the above
list (and the following...)

In addition to that we need these in-application icons:

KChart:
All Toolbar icons that are in
http://webcvs.kde.org/koffice/kchart/toolbar/crystalsvg/
Two such toolbar icons are even missing:
- polar diagram type
- Box & Whisker diagram type
Having a new complete toolbar icon set for KChart would certainly be
great.

KPlato is missing the following icons:

- Resource use - This view shows the usage statistics of resources
(resources can be people and material).
- Edit Main Project
- Edit Calendar
- Edit Standard Worktime
- Calculate - I'm not so sure what this does, probably recalculates
relations between tasks, resources, statistics, etc.

Don't forget that KPlato needs an icon for itself as well!!

The following is needed for Kexi, according to Martin Ellis:

We could do with icons for some of the DBs we can migrate from and/or
use as backend servers - specifically crystalsvg compatible are
wanted.

This means:
Our own MySQL icon - the licence on the real MySQL logo isn't free
enough
to be distributed by many distributions, but something free and maybe
dolphin-esque would be cool.

An MDB (as in MS Access) icon - for .mdb files.  We'll be supporting
import
very soon now.  MS use a purple key.  KDE already has a mime type.

We could also do with some icons for the Form Editor, we have a list
on
http://www.kexi-project.org/wiki/wikiview/index.php?UIDesignIcons
and I have asked Cedric Pasteur to fill in a bit of detail for you on
this page.

Cheers,
Martin

Regards,