List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: 5 KOffice_Icons
From:       Raphael Langerhorst <raphael-langerhorst () gmx ! at>
Date:       2005-02-04 5:59:45

On Friday 04 February 2005 00:16, Андрей Дубинин  wrote:
> Hello Raphael!
> I Sent 5 icons and what do you think, May use such icons? And 1
> question about Karbon14. Of course "14" is famous look and I remake
> It, but did originally(this look say about vector works but "14"
> say nothing-it's my opinion). Sorry, I have a troubles on server in
> my region(Ural) and in this days is impossible to enter in the
> Internet(dialup connection). So I hope it's temporary.
> As I told I will make all "application" icons, it is good idea and
> I have big interest. I need your opinion(core may too).
> Regards.
> Andrey.

Hi Andrey,

thanks for the icons!! I have uploaded them to:

ftp://ftp.g-system.at/people/raphael/tmp/koffice_icons/
(KOffice5icons.zip is the original archive).
The icons are in the respective folders of the applications.

There are two icons for Karbon14, please send Andrey your opinion!
ftp://ftp.g-system.at/people/raphael/tmp/koffice_icons/Question-Karbon.png

In my opinion the first version (the vector graphic icon) is better,
since it represents what the application is used for. It also looks
great :)

If you have opinions on the other icons, please send them to him as
well.

I think the KChart and Kugar (and the Karbon) icons are excellent !!
The Kexi icon is good as well, but I like the original Kexi icon
equally (just my opinion, a large scale icon is here
http://www.kexi-project.org/), I think the Kexi people should send
Andrey their opinion on this. ... hmmm... thinking about it it's
probably better the way Andrey did the icon because we don't have any
real 3D looking icon for the other apps (but that's of course my
opinion).

The KPresenter icon is very interesting. I like it. The more I look at
it the better it is :)

Best wishes! Keep on the good work!! And hope your internet connection
does not let you down :)

Raphael