List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: up-to-date calendar templates in KSpread
From:       Raphael Langerhorst <raphael-langerhorst () gmx ! at>
Date:       2005-02-02 19:51:57

On Wednesday 02 February 2005 20:07, Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 2. Februar 2005 19:52, schrieb Raphael Langerhorst:
> [calendar templates, create calendar functionality]
>
> > uhm... I got hooked by this idea. I'll write a little "cal"
> > parser as a stand-alone app :) then I'll see how to integrate it
> > best into KSpread. I HOPE I find the time to finish it.
>
> Feature drop: Cool would be templates that interoperate with
> KOrganizer. Automatic insertion of holidays, vacations, birthdays
> etc...

I think such functionality in a "template" is difficult, but we could
add some action in the "Insert" menu that starts a "create calendar"
wizard...

Interoperability with KOrganizer would be really cool of course :)
importing the complete current schedule, etc. ... the korganizer
interoperability could probably be implemented through DCOP. But I
guess whether we get this far depends on human resources... but would
be really nice to have! Maybe you could drop a wishlist on the
KSpread bugs for this?

Also... I finally located the KDatePicker and KDateWidget classes, so
no need to go for the cal Unix command.

> Regards,
> Friedrich, who thinks most of KOffice belongs into kdelibs...

;)

Regards,
Raphael