List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    RFC: kspread toolbar simplification
From:       "Ariya Hidayat" <ariya () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-02-01 6:22:51

Halo all,

For KOffice 1.4, I'd like to proprose the following simplification of KSpread's \
toolbar. Unless stated, the reason for removing the buttons is because likely they \
are not much used and therefore we can't justify them being in the toolbar (remember \
that experienced users can still customize the toolbar). Of course, this based on my \
(limited) experience and observation, so feel free to disagree.

For the edit toolbar, some buttons should be gone, namely Insert Row, Delete Row, \
Insert Column, Delete Column, Insert Object, and Rotate.

The math toolbar should be removed all together. Autosum function should be moved to \
edit toolbar, Insert Math Expression can be placed in the formula bar (next to the \
content editor).

For the format toolbar, Font Color can be moved to the color/borders toolbar. Also \
the vertical alignment buttons (Align Top, Align Middle, Align Bottom) should be \
either removed and placed as last buttons.

In the color/borders toolbar, Merge Cell and Unmerge Cell should be moved to format \
toolbar. This toolbar is hidden by default, and IMHO cell merging and unmerging do \
not belong here.

Last but not least, I don't know much about the usefulness of the navigation toolbar \
(it is hidden by default). Most users probably will switch between the worksheets \
using the tab bar at the lower left corner anyway.

Feedback and suggestions are welcomed.

Best regards,

Ariya Hidayat