List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Interview for FOSDEM talk
From:       Raphael Langerhorst <raphael-langerhorst () gmx ! at>
Date:       2005-01-26 8:46:48

On Wednesday 26 January 2005 08:42, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> On Tuesday 25 January 2005 22:39, Laurent Montel wrote:
> > On Tuesday 25 January 2005 22:24, Raphael Langerhorst wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > Jonathan interviewed me for the FOSDEM talk I'm doing. I invite
> > > you to look over the answers I gave just in case some
> > > information is incomplete or simply wrong.
> > >
> > > http://www.kde.me.uk/index.php?page=fosdem-interview-raphael
> >
> > Hi,
> > Kformula supported oasis file format too.
> > "Both Kexi and Krita are candidates for inclusion in KOffice 1.4
> > but this is not yet decided. It will be considered when the
> > release is coming near. " for me kexi and krita must be release
> > with koffice-1.4, now I think that it's stable.
>
> Indeed. If Krita is not going to be released with 1.4, we must find
> another way to get it out, because it's high time it lands on
> people's computers.

Thanks for all your feedback:
* fixed the Kivio thing
* added "There are two people working on documentation" [Mike and I]
* made it clear that Krita and Kexi are part of KOffice 1.4 :)

* added some more info on the "current state of KOffice":

Today KOffice offers a stable office suite for the standard
components. There are a few rough edges left though, which are being
worked on of course. KOffice is leightweight and thus performs very
well even on old hardware. Still it brings lots of features and good
KDE integration. In particular the KDE integration is one of its
greatest strength, which is vital for business environments.

For home users KOffice is an easy to use, leightweight office suite
for daily work.

I'll leave the interview for review for another couple of hours. In
the afternoon I'll tell Jonathan that it's ready. So in case you have
some more stones to throw, go for it.
--
Raphael Langerhorst, JID: raphael@jabber.pilgerer.de
G System, The Evolving Universe - http://www.g-system.at