List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: esstix fonts and KFormula
From:       Raphael Langerhorst <raphael-langerhorst () gmx ! at>
Date:       2005-01-13 8:41:40

On Thursday 13 January 2005 08:03, Raphael Langerhorst wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> please enlighten me on this:
>
> KFormula is supposed to support esstix fonts for mathematical
> symbols. But choosing them results in fonts not found, listing all
> esstix fonts:
>
> esstixone
> esstixtwo
>
> In the system, the fonts are registered as:
>
> ESSTIX One
> ESSTIX Two
> ... and so on for Type1 fonts
>
> ESSTIXOne
> ESSTIXTwo
> ... and so on for truetype fonts
>
> X.org loads them correctly (and I can browse them in the control
> center).
>
> Does the case matter? If so, shouldn't KFormula also look for
> "ESSTIXOne" instead of "esstixone".
>
> I think there are about 2 or 3 places in lib/kformula that has
> these strings listed... should I change the strings if it works
> with the correct case?
>
> Regards,

It doesn't work with ESSTIXOne, ... either. It's also quite strange
that I can't choose the esstix font in apps like kwrite or kword. So
there might be a wrong system setup around as well (unrelated to
KFormula in this case). Quite weird...

--
Raphael Langerhorst, JID: raphael@jabber.pilgerer.de
G System, The Evolving Universe - http://www.g-system.at