List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Need some help (kpresenter - custom-slide-show)
From:       zander () kde ! org
Date:       2004-11-15 16:24:52

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Mon, Nov 15, 2004 at 04:34:32PM +0100, Laurent Montel wrote:
> On Monday 15 November 2004 14:27, zander@kde.org wrote:
> > Preview your changes before ok-ing them should simply never remove your
> > not-yet-ok-ed data from the screen.  So the usage of a full-screen display
> > (if you are limited to one a 1-monitor setup, naturally) is not an option.
>
> ok

> > > All presentation program use this method..
> >
> > Did you mean that the removing of my dialog with settings is indeed removed
> > by 'other' presentation programs?  I kind of doubt that..
>
> For me all people know this methode and not a new dialogbox with preview
> into..

Maybe if I know what dialog you are talking about (a screenshot?) I can make
a judgement call if in your case an exception is a better choice.
By the way; I was not under the impression it was our intention to simply copy
features and UIs from other applications.  Most of the time; we should be able
to do better.

ps. please don't group reply;  its annoying to have the search which email's
reply goes to the mailinglist..  (which is why 2 emails were missing in the
mailinlist archives now :}

--
Thomas Zander