List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    KWord status
From:       Tapio Kautto <eleknader () phnet ! fi>
Date:       2004-11-11 19:55:10

Hello world.

I've been doing and preparing some KWord testing.

I've collected information about implementation and load/save status of KWords
basic features. The result is in KDE Wiki,
http://wiki.kde.org/tiki-index.php?page=Status+of+KWord

I've also done some actual testing with KWord CVS. Everything basic seems to
work pretty well exept one strange error: OpenOffice.org 1.9.60 does not read
.oot -file written with KWord! This might be error in OO.org also, it's unstable
 development version after all.

You can see the test files by loading the testcase I did, it's at
http://merko.salpaus-edu.fi/~tapio/kword_testcase.tar.gz

I'd appreciate if someone working at Oasis save would take a look at it. I've
saved the same file with OO.org 1.9.60 so you can compare what's different with
the file saved with KWord and OO.org.

I'd also appreciate feedback about the testcase and the Wiki page. Send
comments, complaints and flames to the wikipage or to this list. I'm hoping to
get the wikipage more complete, and it would be very nice to have something
similar for KSpread an KPresenter. I have some ideas about them as well if
someone needs.

With Best Regards,

Tapio Kautto