List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: State of saving/loading in oasis file format.
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-11-11 9:31:01

On Wednesday 10 November 2004 23:50, Laurent Montel wrote:
> On Wednesday 10 November 2004 23:40, Inge Wallin wrote:
> > On Wed, 10 Nov 2004, Laurent Montel wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Koffice 1.4 must be released in March/April 2005, so it's important to
> > > make a point about principal feature of koffice-1.4 : "Save/load in oasis
> > > file format"
> > >
> > > Kchart:
> > > ---------
> > > We don't start to implemented save.load in oasis file format
> >
> > Is there an OASIS file format defined for charts?
>
> Yes :

But you have to be aware that kdchart is much more advanced than OO
in terms of charting capabilities, so the OASIS format will not fit kdchart as is.
If you feel like suggesting the changes to the OASIS format that are necessary
for full kdchart loading/saving I'll be glad to forward them to the oasis group
and discuss them there for inclusion, but (without wanting to discourage you),
I'll understand if you pass on that, the work is huge (and there might be too
many difference in concepts between the two charting engines - actually I
would like to have input on that, so even if you just start looking a bit at it
we'll have more data on how difficult this would be).