List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    State of saving/loading in oasis file format.
From:       Laurent Montel <montel () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-11-10 22:15:40

Hi,

Koffice 1.4 must be released in March/April 2005, so it's important to make a
point about principal feature of koffice-1.4 : "Save/load in oasis file
format"

For the moment there is kword, kpresenter, kformula, kspread, karbon which are
able to save/load in this new file format.

KPresenter:
---------------
What is finished:
->save/load object:
        -> rectangle
        -> pie
        -> text object
        -> ellipse
        -> group objet
        -> polygone object
        -> polyline object (all attributes)
-> save/load  page background
-> save/load object background
-> save/load page effect (hide/show effect)
-> save/load page sound effect
-> save/load object effect
-> save/load notes
-> save/load stroke line
-> save/load shadow object
-> save/load page layout
-> save/load sound page effect
-> save/load picture object
-> save/load page background image
-> save/load animation group
-> save/load sticky object
-> save/load closed element (defined as polygone into oo spec draw:polygone)
-> save/load picture effect
        -> bright
        -> contrast
        -> intensity channel (green/blue/red)
        -> grayscal
-> save/load general config (GridIsVisible etc.)
-> save/load object transparency
-> save/load header/footer object
-> save/load display header/footer
-> save/load regular polygon
-> save/load custom slide show

what is not implemented:
-> save/load cubic/quadric/freehand object (define as svg object) (I need some
help to port it to svg)
-> save/load picture effect
-> save/load aft object (move to svg)

Kword:
--------
Text format : style, character format implemented
Frame: save load done
Picture: save load done
Variable: save load done (Footnote/mail merge not implemented)

KSpread:
------------
What is implemented:
-> save/load page name
-> save/load column/row attribute (without font)
-> save/load note
-> save/load protect doc/sheet
-> save/load validation
-> save/load page master layout
-> save/load header/footer
-> save/load print range
-> save/load conditional cell attribute
-> save/load style
-> save/load cell border attribute
-> save/load settings (cursor position, active table, view options)
-> save/load print setup

What is not implemented:
-> save/load formula
-> save/load repeate header print
-> save/load numeric style

Kformula:
------------
It used MathML, and for the moment we can just save in MathML2, I don't know
if MathML2 filter is implemented at 100%
So for the moment we can save in MathML2 but not loading (I must implement it)

Karbon:
----------
Rob said me that status of oasis file format is 80%

Krita:
-------
It doesn't use oasis format

Kivio:
-------
Developper started to define a spec, but I don't have idea about it.

Kplato:
---------
I don't have info about it

Kchart:
---------
We don't start to implemented save.load in oasis file format

Problem for the moment:
---------------------------------
I don't know how to implement save/load embedded object (I started but not
finished it)
Template oasis file format : I didn't able to add it into .desktop file (I
don't know why :( )
Copy/paste between kword<->owriter 2.0 or kpresenter <->ooimpress 2.0 doen't
work for the moment (use zip in memory)
Move all template file to oasis file format.
Start to create filter to use oasis file format to convert to over file format
and not use old file format.

We have important to have some people to test save/load in oasis file format,
or create test file, because it's not easy for example to test save/load all
variable.
Perhaps a Junior Job ?
Perhaps we can write an article to explain that we need some help.

Comment ?