List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: MSOD and PPT import filters
From:       Rob Buis <rwlbuis () xs4all ! nl>
Date:       2004-11-02 8:31:38

Hi,

On Mon, Nov 01, 2004 at 09:23:22PM +0000, Michael Goldish wrote:
> > Has SVG text written directly or indirectly as shapes?
> >
> > If SVG has it directly, then you could try to concentrate on writing a MSOD
> > to SVG filter. Then only the SVG filter would need to be intelligent enough
> > (or perhaps not at all depending on Karbon's OASIS format but that is a
> > part of the OASIS specification that I do not know.)
>
> I've tried opening a SVG file that contains some text (generated by Inkscape)
> with Karbon and it appeared blank. I guess this means there's no text support
> yet? Does this mean I should start working on text support for SVG->Karbon?

There is some code in the karbon svg import that handles text, but it is
commented out, you could try reenabling that and see what happens, I
forgot why it is commented out in the first place... Keep in mind the text
handling will probably change in karbon in the future, as it is not
optimal right now...
Cheers,

Rob.