List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: MSOD and PPT import filters
From:       Michael Goldish <michaelgol () bezeqint ! net>
Date:       2004-11-01 21:23:22

On Monday 01 November 2004 18:22, Nicolas Goutte wrote:
> As Werner has told, create an enum or so and set it currently to
> PowerPoint. After we will have made all changes to the filter system to
> support OASIS (and perhaps to fix other problems), we could try to
> implement such things (like what is the format of the parent file.)

Even if I can assume the parent file format is powerpoint, I still need data
from it, like the color scheme and texts. This data is stored in the PPT file
outside the MSOD chunk, which means that normally it's not passed to the MSOD
filter. How should I pass it? There's also an option of returning data back
from the MSOD filter to the PPT filter (data like locations of text boxes),
and letting the PPT filter do the main work. In any case something needs to
be done. Or have I misunderstood you? Please forgive me if I'm confusing
things - I'm a beginner.

> Has SVG text written directly or indirectly as shapes?
>
> If SVG has it directly, then you could try to concentrate on writing a MSOD
> to SVG filter. Then only the SVG filter would need to be intelligent enough
> (or perhaps not at all depending on Karbon's OASIS format but that is a
> part of the OASIS specification that I do not know.)

I've tried opening a SVG file that contains some text (generated by Inkscape)
with Karbon and it appeared blank. I guess this means there's no text support
yet? Does this mean I should start working on text support for SVG->Karbon?