List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: save a kword file as a spread sheet
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicolasg () snafu ! de>
Date:       2004-10-27 8:20:38

On Wednesday 27 October 2004 09:11, Tomas Mecir wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 18:53:38 +0200, Nicolas Goutte <nicolasg@snafu.de>
wrote:
> > > This is the known "going via text/plain in the filter chain" problem.
> > > Nicolas Goutte was looking into it afaik.
> >
> > Yes, but as fixing it exceed the time that I can guarantee to work on it,
> > I have done nothing for now. However I can try to explain to anybody
> > wanting to try to fix it.
>
> Hm, wouldn't it be sufficient to simply add a flag for each
> import/export filter, that would state whether output of this
> particular filter can be used as a source for another filter? Then set
> that flag for filters that output to HTML and text/plain... Maybe not
> perfect, but it should work.

No, we have decide to do it by filter weights. However that means that new
code must be added. (The filter weights are only user when creating the
filter chain to process the document and not before showing the file dialog.
So we need to transform the code for the file dialog to use filter weights
too. I suppose that both codes could perhaps be merged as one but that is to
be seen in details.)

Have a nice day!