On Monday 11 October 2004 16:52, HLV Kwint wrote: > Keywords: OO_writer ==> MS_word_v8 filter > > Hi folks, > > Today I checked out the oo-cvs, and I got the source of the filters with > the German comments in them I was looking for on my computer now. > The reason they're a mess, I think (I only took a short look at it) is > they're written by more than one person, Definitely, yes. > because the comments involve > English ones, some of them maybe even descending from an ancient StarOffice > version I believe, and some of them are in German. The German ones are the older comments ("ancient" StarOffice code). The newer code is commented in English. > I'm not exactly sure what I'm going to do with them, but a nice start, > helping the OO-folks too, would be making sure all the comments in the > filters are in the same language, and not in two different ones (I think I > put the translated ones somewhere at > www.geocities.com/hkwint/ ). Just translating old comments might be a problem. Comments tend to get out of sync with the surrounding code pretty quickly, so every comment should be "reviewed" by someone who knows the code... > After that, if the filters are really such a mess (I don't know at the > moment (I'm only a beginning C++ programmer, so the code is hocus-pocus to > me, no matter if it's structurized or not), I may try to help the > wv2-project, if that's simpler and of greater use for KOffice. Maybe it's > possible to 'borrow' some of the OO-filters-source, if they appear to be > useful. Just send a mail if you have questions about wv2. In the wv2/doc/ directory you can find a highlevel architectural description to get started. Ciao, Werner _______________________________________________ koffice-devel mailing list koffice-devel@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/koffice-devel