List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Solution for absurd filter chains
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicolasg () snafu ! de>
Date:       2004-10-03 20:20:24

On Sunday 03 October 2004 19:52, zander@kde.org wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 03, 2004 at 07:25:25PM +0200, Nicolas Goutte wrote:
> > I know now why I have never tried to use weights to solve that problem.
> >
> > Weight are not used before displaying the mimetype names to the users,
> > they are only used later to find the needed filters (the best way with
> > the minimum of weight) but that is too late.
>
> And that is a problem, because?

Because the two code paths are quite different.
(Sure with time you can solve everything. Werner has not any and I do not want
to start something that I do not know if I will have the time to finish it,
especially that I have realized in the meantime that the code has no OASIS
support either.)

> > So we are somehow back at start of the problem with 2 ways of finding a
> > solution:
> > - make a quick hack
> > - change the current filter system.
>
> Both not acceptable for the current release.

The problem is open since KOffice 1.2, so it can well be in KOffice 1.4 too.

Have a nice day!