List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: KWord's OOWriter export filter
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicolasg () snafu ! de>
Date:       2004-09-27 18:19:15

On Monday 27 September 2004 19:25, Ariya Hidayat wrote:
> > The better way would be to create a new filter, directly converting from
> > OASIS to OOWriter. This has the drawback that someone must make it and
> > currently I cannot be the developer starting it.
> > So except if a volunteer starts (soon!) such a direct OASIS to OOWriter
> > filter, I suppose that we have to get back the old export filter, even if
> > perhaps later it gets replaced, eventually even before the KOffice 1.4
> > release.
>
> Nicolas, if you sketch that new filter, I think you can leave it in a
> state where other people can fill the blanks and improve it later on (we
> still use the old filter for KWord). Looking back the way I worked on
> your libexport, IMHO this can be justified (although at that time
> libexport was really functional).

Well, that is more or less what I had planned to do with the 2 import filters
for the KWord 1.3 file format. However nobody showed even any sign that he
would plan to help me on the filters. (That is still open!)

So I do not know if I want to do that again. (Currently I am trying to finish
sub-projects instead of (always) creating new ones.)

> However, if the problem is with _starting_ the filter, then I may not be
> able to help as well :-(

Yes, that is a problem too, even if I have now a little more ideas how to do
it.

> Best regards,

Have a nice day!